Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Principal Electrical Design Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Principal Electrical Design Engineer to provide expertise and support to our Electronics team in our Promontory offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Principal Electrical Design Engineer is responsible to create, modify and support harness designs for flight and ground test cables. Production support, including discrepancy resolution will also be required. This engineer will also provide avionics system design and analysis assistance, as well as working with Systems and Project Engineers to support the verification of these designs to requirements.
- Produce avionics and harness design drawings and specifications
- Resolve effectively manufacturing related design issues
- Write test plans and oversee testing to demonstrate and/or qualify designs
- Drive the process of validating the design through the flight certification process
- Analyze, using industry standard tools, new or existing electrical system and component designs for requirement compliance in areas of electrical circuit design, analog signal conditioning, control systems and/or electromagnetic effects
- Compile and analyze test data, use the results to assess and improve product designs
- Develop or assist in developing specifications for selecting components and equipment to use
- Check completed layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning
- Identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommend revisions and/or improvements in design layout to responsible engineers or designers.
- Provide, as needed, supplier oversight, testing oversight and assembly integration support
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of Electrical, Instrumentation, Avionics, Controls and/or Electro-mechanical systems experience with BS degree (7 year with MS degree)
- Ability to travel: Travel expectation of 0% – 10%
- Experience working to conclusion harness design drawings and specifications
- Experience with harness manufacturing support including resolving manufacturing or design issues.
- Experience/knowledge working design verification and verification reporting
- Experience in electrical systems/electronics
- Integration engineering skills (i.e. ability to integrate ground system designs with flight hardware needs)
- Abilities to present and articulate complex designs to both internal and external customers
- Knowledge of Test design and execution
- Work experience in a government contracting environment
Skills & Qualifications:
- Broad understanding of electrical and electromechanical system design and integration.
- Strong knowledge of circuit design and analysis
- Strong skills in effectively learning and applying new concepts and tools
- Demonstrated ability to get work done in an environment of established systems and procedures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering with 10 years experience, MS with 7 years of experience, or PhD with 5 years of experience.
Position may be filled at a lower level (Principal Electrical Engineer)
- MS degree with 5 years experience, BS degree with 7 years experience, or PhD with 2 years of experience.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years