Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Program Manager to provide leadership to our Technology Programs team in our Promontory, Utah offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Program Managers are responsible to deliver the expected technical, financial, and schedule performance per their customer requirements, interface effectively with the customer community, be the “face of Orbital ATK”, and for providing leadership of cross-functional program teams. The position is fast paced with multiple projects running in parallel that you will be the owner of overall success. An ideal opportunity for a self-motivated individual who wants to expand from a strong technical background to add business and leadership capabilities and apply them to building the future for our company and nation.
- Plan, propose and execute on discretionary and funded programs. Manage all elements including cost, schedule and technical progress.
- Market OA technical capabilities both internally and externally. Translate difficult to understand technical achievements into business plans.
- Interface, communicate and collaborate with all Orbital ATK functional organizations and leadership as needed to execute on programs.
- Provide overall leadership and ownership of success for your programs.
- Establish working relationships with external customers communicating marketing, proposal and program information.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 12 years of aerospace/defense technical experience with 5 years PM experience strongly preferred.
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of leadership and customer leadership.
Ability to travel 5% – 15%
Must be able to Qualify for DoD Top Secret level clearance security immediately and DOE Q Clearance longer term.
Strong skills in working with a diverse team to accomplish program goals.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
Ability to effectively communicate and interface with all levels of our customer community
Ability to interface effectively will all levels of leadership within our company
- Supervisory: direct report supervision strongly preferred.
- Expertise in solid rocket motor technologies and development processes developed by working in a technical position in the field is preferred. Role requires interface with technical personnel internally and externally.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong technical background in solid rocket motor or related technology.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Desire to become familiar with business tools and processes used by Orbital ATK.
- Minimum B.S. degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Physics or related field required, advanced degree or experience preferred.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years