Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK's Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, strategic missile and missile defense, and aerospace structures markets. The group is a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small- and medium-class space launch vehicles for civil, defense and commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Orbital ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity ATK
Orbital ATK’s Flight Systems Group, Propulsion Systems Division, is recruiting for a Hazards Analyst to join our team at the Promontory facility in Promontory, Utah.
Hazards Analysis (HA) engineers perform hazards analysis studies for Orbital ATK processes and products involving energetic, combustible, and flammable ingredients, propellants, and materials. These studies identify risk and establish safeguards to prevent ignition, injury, or damage, and define necessary actions to negate the hazard or reduce risk to acceptable levels. HA engineer works closely with Safety, Process, Tooling, and Design engineers and Operations to complete analysis effort.
Performs complex process safety and/or hazards analysis engineering assignments in support of the development, testing and production of highly hazardous materials. Often functions in a consulting role or has HA project leadership role in important design, development and manufacturing projects. Primary role is to apply a physics based approach to risk identification and mitigation requiring considerable technical experience and ability. Prepares/supports Quantity/Distance analyses, concept, design and process hazards analyses, technical analyses in response to contract data item requirements, end item safety analyses, safety assessment reports, ground operations and support hazards analyses, engineering change proposals, provides technical basis for safety waivers and regulatory interpretations, deviations and explosives hazard classifications. Supports and defends critical review of the analysis effort in all review forums up to and including executive leadership. Will develop a working knowledge of MIL-STD 882, DoD 4145.26M, DoD 6055.9, OSHA and NFPA regulations.
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Physics
- Four years of experience with at least two years in a manufacturing environment or support role preferably in a technical operations, manufacturing, or process engineering capacity. Or equivalent experience in a scientific/analytical laboratory setting.
- Must have strong multitasking and problem solving abilities. Well-organized, works effectively with little to no supervision, maintains attention to detail and deals effectively with ambiguity. Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal). You must be able to prepare and deliver briefings of technical information, with clarity, to all levels of management and customer personnel.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering or Physics.
- Working knowledge of MIL-STD 882, DoD 4145.26M, DoD 6055.9, OSHA and NFPA regulations.
- Seven years of engineering experience with at least four years in a manufacturing environment or support role preferably in a technical operations, manufacturing or process engineering capacity.
- Or equivalent experience in a scientific/analytical laboratory setting. Familiar with LabVIEW System Design Software.
Position may be filled at a lower level
Orbital ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Orbital ATK is a Drug Free Employer and requires pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Expertise: Health and Safety