Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Director of Operations
With annual revenue of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Sr. Director of Operations on our Integrated Operations team in our Propulsion Systems Division in Utah.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Director of Operations reports to the Vice President, Integrated Operations for Propulsion Systems and will lead the day to day execution of the Production Operations organization at Bacchus, Clearfield and Promontory, Utah supporting the production of solid rocket motors and systems.
- Accountable for and leads, through direct, double solid line, and matrixed reporting relationships, several organizations focused on the safe and efficient production and delivery of quality hardware and products for a variety of government and commercial customers; including operations, test and research operations, process engineering, and facilities and maintenance.
- Develops, communicates and implements vision, strategy, goals and metrics that align with and drive business objectives for safety, quality, cost, customer satisfaction, culture, and continuous improvement.
- Utilizes effective talent management strategies to attract, retain, develop and engage the right people for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with employees throughout the Operations organization in order to foster a culture of trust and open communication.
- Responsible for forming and maintaining collaborative working relationships with customers, program management, and other support organizations within Propulsion Systems, Flight Systems Group and Orbital ATK.
- Minimum of 5 years strong senior management experience.
- 7-10 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing related environment.
- Previous responsibility leading the day-to-day activities in energetics processing and operating areas is preferred.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to lead a large and diverse group, establish clear expectations and inspire commitment, building teams, value diversity and put people first.
- Demonstrated ability to improve organizational health through being aligned as an organization, executing effectively, genuinely and meaningfully connecting with employees and managing employees
- Ability to further continuous yet controlled improvements in organizations and processes and strengthening of workforce skills through application of lean thinking principles and tools.
- Ability to formulate and execute complex project plans and initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation and critical thinking skills. Clear, demonstrated commitment to open communication and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated business acumen.
- Capability and desire to grow into positions with higher responsibility and lead multiple functions across all integrated operations disciplines.
- Demonstrated dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect.
- Understands the culture of large organizations and knows how to get things done through formal and informal channels.
- Communicates an inspired vision that motivates entire units and the organization.
- Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to key talent in the organization.
- Steadfastly pushes self and others to achieve company goals.
- Champion the Company’s Business and Ethics Code of Conduct.
- Bachelors in Engineering. An advanced degree in engineering or business is preferred.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years