Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Environmental Health & Safety Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission? whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK Propulsion Systems is currently seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Engineer to join our Industrial Safety / Industrial Hygiene team in our Promontory, Utah offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Performance of Safety Engineering functions associated with design, fabrication, and testing of materials/components used in the production of Aerospace hardware. At these facilities the selected individual will be involved in a wide array of energetic material manufacturing processes including laboratories, research and development, and functional testing.
- Promote and maintain a high level of safety consciousness among employees to instill a safety culture in the workforce
- Work with internal and external customers including NASA and others to ensure compliance to safety, health, and environmental federal, state, and local rules and regulations
- Perform worksite audits, inspections and evaluations on the operating floor
- Assist in design reviews for new and modified facilities, processes, equipment and tooling for safety-regulated compliance to help ensure the safety of the employees and the process
- Provide written reports and documentation to management with recommendations to proactively eliminate or reduce workplace hazards. Assist in implementation of actions given
- Provides guidance to operations, maintenance and manufacturing engineering groups on machine safety controls, guarding and safe operating procedures.
- Assist in accident/incident investigation to help determine root cause and corrective actions
- Assist in safety related training courses.This may be preparation of web based training, or performing instructor led training
- Perform monitoring for potential health hazards in the workplace including: Chemical, Particulate, Noise, Heat Stress, Ergonomic, etc. Perform Industrial Hygiene assessments for new chemicals (e.g., determine appropriate precautions and PPE requirements, etc.)
- Assist in authoring and classifying chemical Safety Data Sheets (SDS) to meet the requirements of the new OSHA Hazard Communication Standard, including elements of the Globally Harmonized System for Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS)
- BS in Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene or a technical field
- 4 years’ experience with a BS
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Office proficiency required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft SharePoint is a plus
- Excellent mathematical, problem solving, written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in a Safety position within a manufacturing environment highly preferred
- Ability to work occasional night shift
- Must be a US Citizen or Person
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Health and Safety