Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mechanical Project Engineer
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer to provide support in our Promontory Utah Facility.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Manage projects and coordinate all procurements and installation to meet the program cost and schedule requirements for capital upgrades.
- Provide engineering design as needed to support the Facilities Engineering Department. This could include:
- Providing detailed cost estimates for project design and implementation
- Preparing specifications for the procurement of pumps, heat exchangers, valves, compressors, tanks, cranes, and other miscellaneous of plant equipment.
- Design mechanical piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs) for chemical plant systems including boiler feed and condensate, water treatment, heat transfer systems, conveying systems, gas systems and hydraulics including pipe line friction/head loss calculations, pump system controls and logic .
- Prepare design calculations and specifications for major plant related equipment including, but not limited to heat exchangers, industrial chillers, cooling towers, boilers, condensers, and pumps.
- Prepare mechanical engineering designs, including layout, design sketches, and conceptual design.
- Check design deliverables in accordance with ANSI, ASME, API, and other industry codes/standards.
- Develop schedules, work assignments and staffing requirements to ensure successful project completion.
- Coordinate with other engineers and craftsman assigned to the project or a task, and reviews work progress and results
Review engineering drawings and designs for manufacturability and functionality.
- BS in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering
- 7+ years industrial facility mechanical design experience
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification required; Professional Engineering (PE) license preferred
- Industrial process equipment/facilities design:
- Chemical processing preferred
- AutoCAD drafting ability
- Solid modeling experience a plus; not a requirement
- Ability to work in the field, climb ladders, work outside and work in congested areas.
May be hired at a lower level with Mechanical/Chemical Engineering degree and 5 yrs experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years