Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Princ Mission Assurance Engineer
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Princ Mission Assurance Engineer to provide support to our Safety and Mission Assurance / Procurement Quality Engineering team in our Magna, Utah offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Princ Mission Assurance Engineer will demonstrate:
- Performance of Mission Assurance Quality Engineering functions associated with design, fabrication, and inspection of materials/components used in the production of Aerospace materials and hardware both in-house and at supplier facilities
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement Mission Assurance methods and strategies to assure the design, procurement, acceptance, and use of procured item
- Ability to contribution to the completion of detailed technical tasks and communicate solutions both internally and externally
- Ability to work autonomously at suppliers
- Some travel, around 20%, will be required to maintain the supplier quality.
- Ability to prioritize and work multiple tasks
- Ability to apply problem solving/critical thinking skills with application of technical principles, theories and concepts in engineering
- Ability to interface effectively with suppliers, customers, work associates/teams, and management
- Capabilities to study, understand, and apply stringent procedures to assigned duties. Ethics, compliance, and quality of work are essential to this position.
- BS/MS in Engineering
This position may be filled at a lower level requiring a BS in Engineering, some experience preferred
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years