Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Systems Logistics/Reliability Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Systems Logistics/Reliability Engineer to support to our team at our Promontory, Utah facilities.
Role description & Responsibilities:
A Logistics/Reliability Engineer provides analysis and support on the NASA SLS Booster rocket program for Booster Logistics, Launch Support, and Ground Support Equipment (GSE). This role Interfaces with program office, project engineers, design engineer, operations, safety, quality assurance, transportation and handling organization internally as well as multiple customer levels. This engineer is responsible to ensure that product logistics and handling are thoroughly understood and planned when products leave the factory.
This position provides reliability and logistics engineering support on other Orbital ATK rocket motor programs including the USAF Minuteman missile, the US Navy Trident (D5) missile, as well as Castor and GEM motor programs. This position supports other Orbital ATK organizations outside of Science and Engineering, (Operations, Business Development, Information Technologies, Quality, etc.) with reliability analyses or logistics planning as called upon.
- Provide hardware maintenance task analysis, sparing analysis, and related logistical functions.
- Develop and mature launch support documentation including Launch Commit Criteria, Operations Handbook and launch probability estimates.
- Assess Ground Support Equipment heritage tooling with primary responsibility for record compilation and retention.
- Develop planning, documentation and rationale on product transportation and handling
- Review and coordinate logistics plans and documents internally within Orbital ATK and externally with customers and other contractors.
- Develop motor reliability estimates and history databases, competitor/partner motor reliability estimates, reliability reviews and program reviews/audits
- Make reliability assessments of engineering changes and signoff on those changes.
- Support, maintain and provide input for the SLS logistics database (PowerLogJ) as provided by NASA/MSFC. Focal point and keeper of Orbital ATK data within the system. Provide reporting and output to NASA as required/directed by the program office.
- The primary assignment will be to the SLS Booster Integrated Logistics Team. Responsibilities also include support on other Orbital ATK programs, including D5, MM, Castor, NRA, etc.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 0-2 years of experience in reliability engineering, logistics engineering, industrial engineering and/or systems engineering related area
- Ability to travel: Travel expectation of up to 10%
- Systems engineering background or experience is desired
- Experience with logistics support and logistics analysis is desired.
- Experience with reliability and probability analysis is desired
- Excellent written and oral communication skills is required
- Self-directed and self-motivated. Strong team player.
- Writing, documentation and presentation experience
- Familiarity with human factors, storage, and handling requirements standards.
- Familiarity with NASA and Government standards.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of computer databases and analytical tools.
- Aerospace and Defense Industry experience working with NASA and/or DOD customers
- Systems Engineering background and/or experience.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel,
- Technical software knowledge or experience with PowerLogJ, Teamcenter SE, DOORS, Relex, and/or other logistics/reliability software is a plus
- Ability to assemble details from multiple disciplines then formulate operational and contingency planning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- BS degree in Engineering or physical science (engineering/industrial engineering/chemistry/physics/material science/applied science) with 4 years experience,
or MS degree with 2 years experience
- Logistics and/or Reliability Certifications preferred
Position may be filled at a lower level (Systems Engineer)
- BS degree in Engineering or physical science (engineering/industrial engineering/chemistry/physics/material science/applied science)
(MS degree; or BS degree with 2 years experience)
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years