Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Program Control Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Sr. Program Control Analyst on our Finance team in our Bacchus (Magna), Utah offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Program Control Analyst is responsible to provide finance support to the program and finance groups.
- Participates in Integrated Program Management (IPM) and Earned Value Management EVM. Maintains resources and logic within the resource loaded Integrated Master Schedule (IMS).
- Participate in the preparation of budgets and schedules for all contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales and profit forecasts, staffing study and variance analysis.
- Perform quarterly Estimate-At-Completion with program cost control managers and Functional Managers. Responsible to ensure use of approved burden/labor rates, validate Estimate-To-Complete data and ensure the accuracy of the estimates. Compiles periodic (e.g., monthly) budget estimates at completion (EACs) to help control budget costs against the annual plan
- Develop cost estimates that support proposals efforts for both customer RFP and internal activities. Works to prepare estimates that are complete and accurate with necessary justification on tasks. Ensures methodologies and prepared assumptions used to derive the estimates are adequate. Price and compile the proposal.
- Prepares financial analyses and reports such as: funding profiles, sales and profit forecasts, staffing studies and both internal and external customer reports.
- Assist Managers in achieving objectives by compiling and reviewing budgets for Programs and Organizations using actual performance, previous budget figures and related workload forecasts (affordability), Indirect expense analysis and other data sources for proper financial administration.
Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience with an ungraduated degree or 3 years experience with a graduate level degree.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, or Economics.
- MBA is preferred
- Requires BS & 5 years or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years