Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are currently seeking an entry-level Analytical Chemist to join our Research and Development (R&D) team at our Promontory, Utah facility.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Analytical Chemist has the responsibility to work as a member of the Chemistry and Analytical Research Department performing analytical chemistry R&D and associated technical support of manufacturing operations. The Analytical Chemist will work under the guidance of senior technical professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to perform hands-on testing in a laboratory environment and summarize results
- Problem solving capability in an R&D and/or production support organization
- Primary emphases for experience are wet lab tests, environmental tests, ion chromatography and ICP-OES or ICP-MS
- Additional applicable experience in chromatography (GC, HPLC and GPC) and spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Experience with investigating and troubleshooting materials and processes
- Knowledgeable of chemical analysis energetic material a plus.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated independent work skills
- Demonstrated innovation and/or problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
- B.S. degree in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry related field required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years