Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Staff Manufacturing Engineer
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking two experienced Engineers with Project Leadership experience to lead two of our Value Stream Teams at our Promontory Campus. These engineers would lead teams working rocket motor operations.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Promontory Value Stream Director, these engineers will be leading efforts for a designated motor assembly area. Each individual is responsible for delivering a product family through overall ownership and accountability of that product’s value stream including: acceptance of requirements, material acceptance, product and process design, planning generation, product manufacture, inspection, acceptance and delivery to the downstream customer to meet cost and schedule requirements.
Works closely with the functional organizations (e.g. design, Safety & Mission Assurance, process engineering, supply chain and operations) to safely deliver a high quality product on-time and within cost. Manages and ensures effective concurrent engineering through the oversight and integration of all engineering and processing disciplines. Requests, acquires and manages resources within a matrix organization as necessary to accomplish the goals of the value stream. Closely interfaces with program managers to insure we meet their needs and the needs of our customers.
This individual is responsible for total team performance and works closely with the program office and plant functional organizations to accomplish program and company goals.
This individual’s primary focus is the design and safe manufacture of a defect free, highest value product that satisfies every customer requirement by focusing on and effectively integrating all elements and disciplines of the associated value stream.
- All design, reliability, safety, performance, cost and schedule requirements.
- The safety of personnel, facilities and product through the development and manufacturing lifecycle.
- Control of produced and procured designs, processes, suppliers, materials, facilities, inspection plans, tooling, etc.
- Managing financial performance of the value stream and its functional organizations. This includes tracking, reviewing and approval of PCR’s as needed for submittal to the Program Office.
- Initiate and lead value enhancement and waste elimination efforts for all aspects of the component value stream utilizing PES principles for continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace, chemical, electrical, mechanical, material sciences engineering, or physics required. Advanced degree in engineering and/or business management a plus
- Demonstrated project leadership experience and proven capabilities to lead complex projects through completion while meeting all safety, quality, schedule and cost requirements
- Requires 15 or more years’ experience in engineering, program management, production, safety and/or mission assurance roles where the candidate has developed a well-rounded background and understanding of our business and the product lifecycle. Eligible candidates with a Master Degree in Engineering or Business require ten or more years’ experience.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years