Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Principle Systems Engineer
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Principle Systems Engineer to provide leadership to our SLS Materials and Process team in our Promontory, Utah offices.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Systems Engineer will provide PE responsibility for support of new materials, processes, obsolence as required and approved by the customer. A successful PE candidate must possess the ability to create a strategy that works at the Program level, not just for one specific IPT.
- Makes technical presentations to the internal CCBs, SE&I working group, external IPT, BITM and ERB/ECB
- Serve as the primary interface with the M&P functional organization
- Broad background of rocket motor, integration materials and processes
- Working knowledge of Rocket motor Design, Manufacturing & Lab processes, including Obsolescence
- Working with materials, processes, obsolescence and systems
- Customer interfaces
- Identify/understand requirements, manage allocation, and oversee specifications
- Have 10 years working experience with materials, processes, obsolescence and systems and experience with vendor
- Organization and Problem solving skill
- Understanding of CM systems, drawings, specifications, test plan
- Good communication skills
- Good organization presentation and writing skills
- Project planning and execution skills thru IMS, ETM and other tools
- Understanding of manufacturing, laboratory, vendor, processes and products
- Must demonstrate ability in achieving the correct technical risk and project commonality balance at the architecture level
- Have a working knowledge of Rocket motor Design, Manufacturing & Lab processes
- Requires a broad background of rocket motor and integration materials and processes to generate the overall technical vision/direction for a matrixed team
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to work independently and make logical decisions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize work and schedule
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and work well with management, coworkers, and internal customers
- Strong problem solving skills
- Attention to detail but able to understand big picture
- Positive, can do, accept challenge attitude
- Flexibility to accept, learn and perform new job functions
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Ability to travel on an occasional basis
- BS degree in Engineering or related field required. Consideration will be given to candidates with a BS degree in other engineering disciplines with strong relevant experience
(BS degree with 8+ years experience, MS degree with 6 years experience, , or PhD with 4 years experience)
- A graduate degree in Mechanical/Civil Engineering is highly preferred
- Position may be filled at a lower level (Systems Engineer IV)
- Phd with 2 years experience, MS degree with 4 years experience, BS degree with 6 years experience
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years