Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Machining Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Machining Engineer. The position will be located at Promontory performing process engineering support for NASA, Defense, and Commercial Programs.
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes
- Perform cause and corrective action activities to permanently eliminate defects
- Work with concurrent engineering team to create Build-to-Packages (i.e. engineering and planning documents)
- Preparing MRB dispositions
- Author, update and review shop floor planning
- Prepare and presenting technical presentations to VSET, leadership, and to the customers for review and approval
- Perform table top reviews
- Using SPC tools to ensure process control
- Develop and incorporate process improvements thru capital and tooling projects
- Troubleshoot production/tooling/facility issues and implementing improvements and solutions
- Support design, checkout, qualification and implementation of new or modified tooling or equipment
- Prepare drawings using CAD tools (NX)
- Candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of process engineering experience.
- Experience writing ESI shop planning
- Experience developing manufacturing processes and writing shop planning
- Machining experience (turning and milling of metals and composites)
- NC Programming experience
- PLC programming
- Machine control systems
- Machine design and procurement experience
- Tooling design and manufacturing experience
- CAD experience
Skills & Qualifications
- Good problem-solving skills and strong oral and written communication skills
- Good organization and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- Basic Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering, (other technical degrees may be considered)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years