Orbital ATK Careers
Sr. Machining Engineer
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Machining Engineer. The position will be located at Promontory performing process engineering support for NASA, Defense, and Commercial Programs.
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes
- Perform cause and corrective action activities to permanently eliminate defects
- Work with concurrent engineering team to create Build-to-Packages (i.e. engineering and planning documents)
- Preparing MRB dispositions
- Author, update and review shop floor planning
- Prepare and presenting technical presentations to VSET, leadership, and to the customers for review and approval
- Perform table top reviews
- Using SPC tools to ensure process control
- Develop and incorporate process improvements thru capital and tooling projects
- Troubleshoot production/tooling/facility issues and implementing improvements and solutions
- Support design, checkout, qualification and implementation of new or modified tooling or equipment
- Prepare drawings using CAD tools (NX)
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of process engineering experience.
- Experience writing ESI shop planning
- Experience developing manufacturing processes and writing shop planning
- Machining experience (turning and milling of metals and composites)
- NC Programming experience
- PLC programming
- Machine control systems
- Machine design and procurement experience
- Tooling design and manufacturing experience
- CAD experience
Skills & Qualifications
- Good problem-solving skills and strong oral and written communication skills
- Good organization and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- Basic Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering, (other technical degrees may be considered)
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years