Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Manufacturing Eng (Process Engineer)
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Propulsion Systems is currently searching for a Sr. Manufacturing Controls / Process Engineer for the Promontory, Utah Facility.
This position within the Process Engineering organization is responsible for Process Controls and Data Collection systems at Promontory rocket motor manufacturing. Position includes writing and maintaining process control hardware/software, including Programmable Logic Controllers, HMI’s, Data Collection Interface, and Graphical Motion Language (GML).
- Process Computer/Controller programing & implementation capability across a variety of different hardware & software platforms supporting a multitude of different pieces of automated equipment,
- Promontory Utah Facility controls systems include RSLogix5,-500-5000 PLC programming, PC-FactoryTalk View, RSView32, PanelView, PC-LabView, A-B GML Commander, and Fanuc CNC programming, and various data collection computers,
- Data acquisition include digital chart (Honeywell, Partlow, Eurotherm, Yokogawa) and portable environmental data loggers,
- Position is primary operations contact with coordination between Engineering disciplines (Facilities, Design, Quality, Process),
- Included are process and tooling development, with good problem solving skills, verbal and written communications,
- Develop and incorporate process improvements thru capital and tooling projects,
- Responsibilities include manufacturing operations field support, troubleshooting production tooling, equipment, and facility controls,
- Experience working well and supporting operations personnel,
- Off-shift operations support will be required,
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction in a changing environment,
- Self-motivated, results oriented, self-reliant team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with organizations at all levels,
- Excellent computer skills and adaptability to multiple software tools, in a manufacturing environment,
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize,
- Strong attention to detail,
- Initiative, self starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence,
- Lean manufacturing concepts and statistical process control applications.
- BS Degree Engineering with minimum 4 years’ experience (MS Degree in Engineering with minimum 2 years’ experience),
- Demonstrated technical problem-solving skills, strong oral, and written communications skills,
- Experience with automated manufacturing operations, with multiple shift support,
- Programming and process controls experience and troubleshooting across multiple hardware/software platforms with adaptability to unfamiliar controls platforms,
- Demonstrated organization and multitasking skills,
- Desire to work in a manufacturing environment
Orbital ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years