Orbital ATK Careers
Sr. Operations Manager
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Sr. Operations Manager to provide leadership for our Promontory Value Stream team at our Promontory, Utah facility.
As an Orbital ATK Sr. Operations Manager, you will report to Jeff Hewlett and manage a team of Supervisors, OTS’s and highly skilled operators to meet quality and on-time delivery for a key propellant raw material. In this role you will also learn all aspects of propellant manufacture, along with flare and decoy manufacturing. You will be responsible for maintaining a safe and compliant area in accordance with Orbital ATK policy and procedures as well as development of personnel, cross training, staffing and managing resources in support of manufacturing.
- Ensure tools, plans, people and material are available to complete assigned workloads
- Maintaining a safe work environment (personal and professional)
- Daily tie-in with production operations manager for work load, priority and the supervision of assigned personnel
- Execute day-to-day operations of a group of employees to complete daily production goals in support of business requirements
- Ensure operator training on procedures, quality documents, and safety is complete and effective
- Lead/participate in continuous improvement activities
- Responsible for performance management and corrective action
- Administer and implement corrective action on incidents and FOD/other issues
- Initiate Maintenance Work Orders, Tool Discrepancy Reports, Tooling Change Notices and Facilities Engineering Orders, and track to completion
- Coordinate production needs with scheduled maintenance work
- Write and process Damaged Tool and Property Reports
- Lead 8D Cause and Corrective Action projects
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of manufacturing experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and operating procedures
- ?Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to apply PES principles to improve process flow and standardization of processes.
- BS degree in Engineering or technical field is required and an advanced degree is preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules; day or night shifts, including weekends if necessary
- Successful history of managing personnel in high energy assignments while promoting a safe and productive environment
- Proven leadership skills and experience with PES improvements
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated understanding of AP production operations including crystalizing, drying, blending and packaging of AP
- Computer skills: Excel, Access, Power Point, Word
- 8D method for problem solving
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Startup of operations that process energetic materials
- Knowledge of most aspects of energetic production operations including mixing, casting and ingredient preparation.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years