Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Training & Development Specialist
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an 2 experienced Training & Development Specialist to provide training to our Operations team at our Promontory & Bacchus location.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Training and Development Specialist works in our Technical Training group, supporting Operations and related functions with their training needs. TDSs are a primary support for organizations working within our learning management system (LMS) known as My Learning, in addition to providing classroom training and developing and updating our training content.
- Must work well in a team environment
- Coordinate and provide instruction for numerous classes associated with OSHA compliance (e.g. Respiratory Safety, Powered Industrial Truck Safety, Crane Safety, etc.)
- Conduct periodic training assignment reviews with area leadership to assist in ensuring training assignments are accurate for each group
- Assist in the development of new training content
- Work with subject matter experts (SME) to periodically update existing training content to ensure that it is current, accurate and engaging
- Provide help to designated area training assistants and individual users with training items and the LMS
- Demonstrated ability to complete assigned projects within budget and on schedule
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of educational/instructional design experience
- Ability to travel to our Clearfield and Bacchus locations as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to obtain results by working with people of various backgrounds
- Must have strong communication skills
- Experience in developing training content. (both instructor-led and web-based)
- Familiarity with Instructional Design concepts and application (e.g. ADDIE model)
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications, particularly PowerPoint
- Experience working with eLearning publishing software (Lectora, Articulate, Camtasia, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SABA Publisher/Lectora (eLearning publishing software)
- Operations background – preferred
- BS degree in Education, Instructional Media Design preferred. Other related fields may be considered
Position can be filled at lower level
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years