Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Contract Administrator
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK’s Propulsion Systems Division, is seeking a Principal Contract Administrator to be located at its Bacchus, Utah facility.
Position will have responsibility for commercial and US Government programs contract management.
- The successful candidate will handle multiple small to medium contracts simultaneously
- Participates in and/or conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, contract closeout, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications
- Examines and evaluates cost estimates and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Presents and negotiates contract terms and conditions, compiles and analyzes data, responsible for contract records management
- Works to create logical solutions to contractual matters to ensure business unit compliance
- Team building with internal functions: Program Management, Finance, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Mission & Safety Assurance, and Business Development
- BS degree in Business or related degree, required; an advanced degree (MBA) is highly desired; NCMA certification is a plus
- 7 years minimum experience in contract management or related field in a DOD environment at the prime or subcontract levels
- Familiarity with contract terms and conditions and in proposal development, negotiation, and contract administration
- Understanding of commercial/US Government contractual instruments including contract type, terms and conditions, and contract financing vehicles
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Database capability also desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities; ability to start, oversee, and follow-through with major assignments and responsibilities
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- May be filled at a lower level (BS)
Other Preferred Experience:
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, Defense Federal Acquisition, and ITAR requirements.
- Knowledge of the contract financing, milestone and, Performance Based payments, and budget planning process.
- Ability to analyze risk and financial data.
Position may be filled at lower level
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years