Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Systems Engineering Intern
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group has an exciting opening for a talented Associate Systems Engineer within the Armament Systems Division based in Plymouth, MN.
As a global technology leader with revenues of nearly $4.5 billion, Orbital ATK designs, builds and delivers space, defense and flight systems to customers around the world. Orbital ATK employs approximately 12,000 people in 18 states across the U.S. and several international locations.
The development of innovative and intelligent armament systems, designed to protect and enable our armed forces, is accelerating. This has increased the need for leaders who have a passion for technology development, paired with demonstrated expertise in process excellence. These leaders will drive to continually outperform the competition and exceed customer expectations while acting with integrity, loyalty, and respect.
As a Project and Tools Systems Engineering Intern, you will perform and support design, development, analysis, and test for systems engineering tools. Support industry research and project management activities necessary to execute and close engineering projects.
- Support the creation and deployment of systems engineering management tools that help drive system requirements management, automated configuration matrix, automated compliance matrix and integration with design engineering.
- Supports the preparation of system engineering materials for System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review and other formal program reviews.
- Manages programs risks and action register to help identify potential risks and mitigation strategies
- An interest in learning how to manage programs and leveraging tools to increase a program management’s effectiveness.
- Pursing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business (Project Management)
- Experience with SharePoint and Office365
- Engagement in a professional organizations as a team member or leader
- GPA 3.0 or above
- Experience with Teamcenter
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Intern
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year