Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK’s Armament Systems Division has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer who wants to work in our Plymouth, MN facility.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Create and manage system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification data base. Negotiate requirements with the customer. Plan the verification and integration program. Develop CONOPS. Perform System Analysis. Implement changes to system and subsystem architecture models and run simulations to assess system performance.
- Support Voice of Customer (VoC) technical assessments and negotiations with internal customers, such as, Design Engineering, Program Management and Business Development to define performance requirements and provide system integration direction to assure alignment between all physical, functional and program interfaces for a system
- Facilitate personal leadership and artifacts that promotes technical leadership via the systems engineering process and creation of system specifications, system architecture models, and system timeline analysis, while supporting system verification, system validation, and system safety efforts for defense and augmented reality projects on multiple platforms
- Support the deployment and maintenance of systems engineering tools/software that help drive requirements management, automated configuration matrices, automated compliance matrices and integration with design engineering
- Creates and manages the requirements verification methods and database provided to the customer, to ensure, as the system design/build matures, that it satisfies each system requirement
- Supports trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments and ConOps development
- Supports systems integration lab design and test for real-time system data analysis and performance inspection
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering with a preference in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Experience working with multiple disciplines to drive technical and programmatic resolutions
- Agile Development experience
- Mobile Application development experience
- Systems Tool Kit (STK) development experience
- Experience developing and evaluating systems and networks to meet applicable specifications and customer design intentions
- Must be a US Citizen
- Experience supporting trade studies and requirement generation for affordability, safety, reliability, maintainability, and system security.
- ARKit Experience
- Data Analytics experience
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years