Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Material Control Analyst
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Associate Material Control Analyst to join our team in Elk River MN.
The successful candidate for this position will work with operation’s management, engineering and technicians to purchase, track and keep records on burden supplies and materials used in conceptual level builds. The position also requires entering requisitions into cost point for purchase.
- Coordinate with Management, Engineering, Purchasing, Operations, and other departments to achieve material availability requirements to meet program build and test schedules.
- Review and authorize material procurements.
- Maintain records in support of purchases made.
- Ensure Material Management and Accounting System (MMAS) principles and processes are appropriately applied across the program.
- Actively pursue and apply Program Material Control best practices to ensure the team operates with maximum efficiency.
Education and Experience:
Generally requires BS or equilivant plus 1-5 years in a purchasing environment.
Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency required in MS Excel.
- Must have basic skills in MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Must be proficient in analyzing large amounts of data.
- Must have excellent organization and facilitation skills.
- Must be able to proactively pursue coordination between multiple groups with little direction.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint or other ERP system is desired. Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and Material Management and Accounting Systems (MMAS) is desired.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year