Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Mechenical/Machinist Engineering Technician to provide support to our Armament Systems Division team in our Plymouth, MN offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Support high tech DOD development and IRAD programs with rapid prototype and precision toleranced components and assemblies.
- Work in a tool maker environment; low volume, medium to high complexity components with rapid response.
- Operate all standard machine shop equipment both manual and CNC programmable.
- Work with engineers to develop mechanical designs during early development programs.
- Work with outside suppliers to deliver time critical hardware to test.
- Ability to use all standard machine shop equipment including CNC turning center, mill, and wire EDM.
- Ability to program CNC equipment by hand as well as using CAD software.
- Ability to use CAD/CAM software
- Must hold or qualify for DoD Secret Clearance quickly
- Good interpersonal skills to work with engineers, administrators, and suppliers in a fast moving environment
- Able to work overtime during rush periods in support of programs
- Must be a U. S. Citizen
- Technical Skills: If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth.
- Works from schematics and drawings. Assists engineers to create, modify, and test products and processes. Meets negotiated engineering budget and schedule.
Education and Experience
Generally requires 2 year degree or equivalent combination of education & experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year