Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Configuration / Data Mgmt Analyst
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Senior Configuration / Data Mgmt Analyst in our Engineering department in our Elkton, Maryland office.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Orbital ATK Missile Defense and Controls (MD&C) facility in Elkton, Maryland began solid-propellant rocket operations in 1948. Today, the Elkton MD&C facility designs, develops, and produces solid-propellant propulsion and ordnance systems in programs professionally managed for a wide variety of Government and commercial customers. The facility also serves as the hub for offsite engineering and test facilities in Ronkonkoma, NY, Palm Beach Gardens, FL and San Jose, CA.
Job responsibilities include the following:
- Participates in the coordination and administration of assigned configuration management activities.
- Uses configuration management tools for identification and status accounting.
- Supports program teams for compliance to contractual requirements.
- Reviews and releases configured items.
- Assists and administers change process and helps coordinate changes to configured items.
- Creates, manages and supports product structure as it pertains to bills of materials.
- Assists integrated program teams with the configuration and administration of Team Center Enterprise environments.
- Supports the Supply Chain organization with establishing sound product definition in the ERP System.
- Responsible for software configuration, participate in software configuration control release.
- Bachelor’s Science Degree
- 5-10 years’ minimal experience in Configuration Management.
- Experience using Team Center Unified Architecture (TcUA) or equivalent PLM system.
- Experience in ASME Y14.100 as it applies to Configuration Control of Engineering Documentation.
- Ability to derive an Engineering Bill of Material from an Engineering Drawing / 3 d model.
- Knowledge of workflow design and process mapping.
- Familiarity with use of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) as it pertains to product definition and MBOM development.
- Willing to implement and proactively use the principles of PES to support continual improvement.
- Understanding of file structure as it relates to computer-aided engineering.
- Experience in data management and document control.
- Experience in Microsoft Suite products: Word, Excel, InfoPath and Access.
- Understanding of part structure as it relates to bills of materials.
- Ability to learn, understand, and follow complex directions, with minimal supervision.
- CM2P and/or NDIA Certification preferred
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products, and your ideas, into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: None
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years