Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Principal Recruiter to provide support to our Missile Products team in our Baltimore, MD offices.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
- Confer with hiring leaders and Human Resource business partners to identify talent needs, as well as build and execute appropriate recruitment strategies
- Understand business strategy and operational goals
- Develop thoughtful, comprehensive, position-specific search strategies that incorporate best practice recruiting methods
- Ensure an understanding of job duties, responsibilities and business requirements for positions that require recruitment
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with hiring managers
- Review resumes and credentials for appropriate skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements
- Pre-qualify candidates and develop interview slates
- Manage and coordinate all communication with candidates, including interview preparation, process overview, setting expectations, post-offer discussions, closing, offer letter review and general on-boarding
- Explain compensation and benefits programs
- Collaborate with the HR service center and hiring managers to develop and execute an effective, efficient on-boarding process for each new hire
- Maintain accurate documentation on all recruiting activities
- Ensure compliance in the selection process and apply knowledge of OFCCP/EEO guidelines
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in full life-cycle recruitment of technical professionals
- Expert level knowledge in all full life cycle recruiting components including, but not limited to: sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, job analysis, wage and salary trends, and relationship management
- Understanding of OFCCP/EEO guidelines and how it applies to the recruitment cycle
- Proven experience with creative sourcing (social media, online job boards, etc.)
- Proficiency in personal computer use (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Expertise: Recruiting, Human Resources