Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Summer/Fall Engineering Co-op
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Oribital ATK's NSROC program is seeking summer 2018 thru fall 2018 interns. This is a Co-op type role where students will be working from the summer until December 2018.
- Apply theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to the solution of basic analytical engineering problems; such as test, analysis and design.
- Assist designing and maintaining aerospace, defense and/or flight components, structures, and systems.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations on technical subjects.
- Apply programming and computer application skills.
- Practice and learn technical professional behavior including memorandum writing, email and calendar usage via Outlook.
- If required, assist with testing in the Environmental Testing Lab.
- Complete intern-specific projects and perform related duties as assigned.
- Currently pursuing a B.S. M.S. in aerospace, computer, electrical, mechanical engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- Must be able to work for the entirety of the co-op. (Summer 2018 thru Fall 2018)
- General understanding of fundamental engineering principles, practices, and theories.
- Interest in working in the space and/or defense industry.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Permanent and legal right to work in the U.S. without student visa or sponsorship.
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Rising Junior or higher in school
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Intern
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year