Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group has an exciting opening for a talented Software Engineer within the Armament Systems Division based in Mesa, AZ.
As a global technology leader with revenues of nearly $4.5 billion, Orbital ATK designs, builds and delivers space, defense and flight systems to customers around the world. Orbital ATK employs approximately 12,500 people in 20 states across the U.S. and several international locations. Orbital ATK delivers affordable innovation in developing and manufacturing highly engineered products and solutions to US Government and International customers. Orbital ATK Armament Systems Division based in Mesa, Arizona produces automatic medium caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK gun systems built for the U.S. and international militaries have been used in all major conflicts since World War II in a variety of applications to include small and large ground vehicles, helicopters, airplanes and naval ships.
The development of innovative and intelligent armament systems, designed to protect and enable our armed forces, is accelerating. This has increased the need for engineers who have a passion for technology development, paired with demonstrated expertise in process excellence. These engineers will drive to continually outperform the competition and exceed customer expectations while acting with integrity, loyalty, and respect.
The Software Engineer is an integral part of our product development team. Involvement begins at system requirement definition and continues through system verification and test.
- Develop real time embedded C/C++ code for Microchip, Atmel, or TI microprocessor/DSP.
- Generate and unit test code using IAR Integrated Development Environment, Code Composer or equivalent on a custom breadboard in a lab setting. Integrate multiple software items into a reliable working system.
- Contribute and Lead to the creation of clear and professional documentation such as development plans, requirements specifications, design descriptions, test descriptions, and version descriptions per DoD standards.
- Follow CMMI compliant software processes.
- Develop, build, validate and run system computer simulation models representing the physical behavior of various gun systems.
- Bachelor’s degree of Science in Software Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with BS degree or MS degree
- Advanced experience in product development projects and sustainment of legacy programs for complex aerospace or defense systems
- Experience working with embedded real time software systems in close coordination with Electrical Engineering.
- Familiarity with mechanical design with complex gear trains, cams, springs, clutches, machined components, welded structures, electric motors and solenoids preferred.
- Comfortable in a lab environment working with tools such as function generators and oscilloscopes
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently and organize/prioritize job assignments and tasks
- Experience writing statements of work and estimating project scope
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to present data and information to large audiences.
- Proficient use of personal computers using the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing, short turn-around environment
- Must be a U.S. citizen and qualify for a U.S. Government security clearance
- This position requires an individual who can multi-task, with effective time-management and communication skills.
- This position requires excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Experience with system modeling and simulation.Experience with The Mathworks toolset Matlab/Simulink, Embedded Coder, and Verification/Validation.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years