Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Mission Assurance Engineer - (SQA)
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to provide leadership to our Defense Electronic Systems team in our Northridge, CA offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Review customer requirement documents, ensure flow down through purchasing to suppliers and monitor compliance as required
• Generation of Supply Chain Management plan documents
• Perform regularly scheduled independent on-site supplier surveillance
• Review sub-tier of drawings, work instructions, requisitions, procedures and test plans to ensure conformity to flowed down requirements
• Establish and maintain product variation metrics of key characteristics at suppliers
• Ensure workmanship and manufacturing processes comply with applicable quality and safety standards• Participate in source inspections, pre-ship reviews, FAIR acceptance, and PCAs
• Prepare detailed quality planning for receiving inspection of procured materials
• Support MA and QMS activities such as: product and process audits, receiving inspections, prepare and process material non-conformance and discrepancy reports, lead root cause analysis and corrective actions
• Participate and provide leadership for the MRB, CCB, and FRB
• Position works 9-80 work week and requires approximately 50% travel Minimum Requirements:
• Secret Security Clearance is required. Security clearance is a condition of employment and must be transferred and active within the first 90 days of employment.
• B.S. in Engineering discipline is required, Quality Engineering preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with a B.S. or 3 years with an M.S. required for a level IV
• Experience with Mechanical parts and complex assemblies required.
• Experience in FRB [Failure Review Board] /MRB [Material Review Board] required.
• Experience in the Aerospace industry required
• Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft Office.
• ASQ recognized CQE
• AS9100 and CMMI experience.
• Six sigma or lean manufacturing experience.
• Experience as a Lead Mission Assurance Engineer on prime contract space or missile programs. Competencies for Success
• Ability to solve complex problems and make decisions or recommendations for overall project success.
• Individual must be able to work independently and will be required to interface with internal and external customer counterparts at all levels
• Ability to work across all functional organizations.
• Strong written and oral communication skills a must
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 50-75%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years