Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Electrical Engineer (CDH)
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Command and Data Handling Electrical Design. Perform analysis, design, or test of complex designs without detailed direction from more senior engineers. Study design concepts and criteria to ascertain the engineering principles involved and with general direction, plan, prepare, and complete the design. Evaluate completed design with customers and other technical groups and make modifications necessary to achieve a design that satisfies requirements. Develop, coordinate, and conduct the test programs required to evaluate the design. May also oversee component supplier design, analysis, manufacture, and test.
- Supports the design of Command and Data Handling (CDH) avionics.
- Extensive understanding of electrical and electronic system design, integration and testing is required.
- Coordinate development of components of the CDH system.
- Analyze and interpret requirements at the box level and flow down requirements to lower level specifications.
- Evaluates and coordinates electrical box level designs to ensure system-level requirements are met.
- Develop box level interface designs and documentation.
- Hands on test experience with electrical systems or electrical systems data collection components are required.
- Perform tasks which include circuit development, performance modeling, end-to-end simulation and implementation of digital data acquisition and control circuits within the Command and Data Handling subsystem.
- Program specific Command and Data Handling subsystem development.
- Spacecraft harness interface documentation generation relative to the CDH system.
- Capability to write test procedures and review test data to ensure that hardware is tested properly and passes all systems level requirements is required.
- Electrical grounding, EMI/EMC/ESD implementation and testing.
- Provide technical oversight to ensure the CDH box and its components are compliant and verifiable at the avionics digital and analog telemetry level.
- Provides technical coordination of vendors and suppliers when required.
- Analyzes and designs avionics (CDH) box solution in assigned area by utilizing standard engineering and scientific principles.
- Effectively operate within a multi-discipline engineering team.
- Provides documentation and makes technical presentations as required.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years. Previous experience with JPL or at least NASA a plus.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years