Orbital ATK Careers
Associate Manufacturing Technician
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
• Work from diagrams and drawings, make initial layouts, and use hand tools.
• Make continuity checks on work in process and completed.
• May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications.
• May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
• Notify team leader or supervisor of any problems that may be causing a delay in production schedule or possible quality defects.
• May require working with adhesives, chemical cleaners, coating materials and other commonly used chemicals used in manufacturing.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Must have intermediate computer skills.
• Must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must have the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Must have good attention to details.
• Prior experience working in a manufacturing setting.
• Prior experience working with electronics.
• Current Solder J-STD or IPC solder certificate.
Orbiatal ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED