Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Associate Manufacturing Technician
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
• Work from diagrams and drawings, make initial layouts, and use hand tools.
• Make continuity checks on work in process and completed.
• May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications.
• May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions.
• Notify team leader or supervisor of any problems that may be causing a delay in production schedule or possible quality defects.
• May require working with adhesives, chemical cleaners, coating materials and other commonly used chemicals used in manufacturing.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Must have intermediate computer skills.
• Must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must have the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Must have good attention to details.
• Prior experience working in a manufacturing setting.
• Prior experience working with electronics.
• Current Solder J-STD or IPC solder certificate.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED