Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, more than 12,000 employees, and operations in 17 states across the U.S. and in several international locations, Orbital ATK is a global leader in aerospace and defense technologies. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch or protecting our nation. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, we design, build and deliver space, defense and aviation systems for customers around the world, both as a prime contractor and merchant supplier. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and much more.
We are currently seeking talented individuals for our Engineering Internship for our Elkton, Maryland location. Engineering Interns will be given the opportunity gain hands-on engineering experience while applying theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques learned in the classroom.
- Complete intern-specific projects and perform related duties as assigned.
- Apply theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to the solution of basic engineering problem, within design, analysis, manufacture, and test.
- Assist designing and maintaining aerospace, defense and/or flight components, structures, and systems.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations on technical subjects.
- Apply programming and computer application skills.
- Learn and practice technical professional behaviors including memorandum writing, time management, and interdisciplinary communication.
- Currently pursuing a B.S. M.S. or PhD in aerospace, chemical, computer, electrical, industrial, materials, mechanical engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- General understanding of fundamental engineering principles, practices, and theories.
- Interest in working in the space and/or defense industry.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Permanent and legal right to work in the U.S. without student visa or sponsorship.
- 3.0 GPA or higher
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in precision weapons, tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems missile-warning products and ammunition and gun systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition gun systems. We also develop advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft and propulsion control systems.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Intern
Desired Travel: None
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED
Expertise: Engineering, Engineering