Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Lead Avionics Technician
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Assign, Coordinate and Supervise daily for the avionics lab and aircraft operations, to include fabrication, assembly, modification and installations tasks. This also includes flight line tasks involving aircraft ground handling.
- Inspect and Solve Problems with the use of blueprints, schematics and other technical documents.
- Maintain and Report Aircraft status to include Tasks, Schedule and Budget.
- Interface with supporting departments including Engineering, Supply Chain and Mission Assurance. This also includes customer inspection personnel.
- Monitor and enforce tool control and product discipline procedures.
- Support and Provide on the Job training required for crew members under his or hers guidance.
- HS diploma and a minimum of 10 years of related experience OR a valid A&P mechanic’s license.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance within a timeframe set forth by management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Education: High School/GED