Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Test Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is seeking an experienced Principle Test Engineer to provide test support for our Missile Products Division located in Plymouth, MN location. In this role candidates will demonstrate in-depth understanding and expertise with test program development and management of test program plans. The candidate will interface with other engineering disciplines to optimize program objectives and resolve unforeseen technical issues. The candidate will be responsible for test plans, scheduling, test instrumentation, coordination with test facilities, test execution, data analysis and report documentation.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Leads and direct all aspects of testing, evaluation and validation of complete system and or subsystems. Ability to simultaneously manage multiple test activities.
- In-Depth knowledge of Climatic, Vibration and Mechanical Shock, Electromagnetic Effects, and Insensitive Munitions Testing. Familiar with data acquisition techniques, transducer selection and signal analysis. Understanding of simple electronic circuits for data acquisition and fire circuits.
- Support design and fabrication of test fixtures.
- Understanding of energetic components and materials.
- Knowledge of commercial and government test facilities for environmental and EME test activities.
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-331, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464, MIL-S-901, MIL-STD-2105, JOTP-052 and JOTP-053 standards and guidelines.
- Utilize experience and expertise to provide cost estimating support and technical write ups for new program proposal efforts.
- Support Systems engineering in review of storage and operational performance requirements and development of requirement verification plans.
- Leads and direct all aspects of testing, evaluation and validation of complete system and or subsystems.
- Familiar with available signal analysis tools, MATLAB, MS Office Tools and MS VISIO.
- Leads, prepares and presents test engineering materials during SRR, SDR, SFR, PDR, CDR, SVR and other formal program reviews.
- Must be willing to work with DoD programs and energetic devices.
- Must be U.S. Citizen and have the ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance.
Requires BS in Electrical, Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years or PhD & 2 years.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years