Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Staff Systems Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is seeking an experienced Staff Engineer/Program Technical Director to provide leadership to our Missile Products Division in our Plymouth, MN location. In this role candidates will be responsible for leading the technical development of products, systems and demonstrations including coordination of the engineering functional entities including, but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, software, systems, test, logistics and components. Candidates will responsible for insuring that programs follow the organizations established ISO and CMMI processes in the development of products. The candidate in this role will be responsible for program technical leadership as well as creating and managing system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification data base, while negotiating requirements with internal and external customers or partners. Will also leverage experience to support CONOPS development, system analysis, system/subsystem architectural modeling, functional decomposition, systems performance analysis, and program verification and validation planning.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead diverse technical teams in the development of products, systems and executing demonstrations
- Create and manage system requirements, specifications and the requirements verification data base. Negotiate requirements with the customer. Plan the verification program. Develop CONOPS. Perform System Analysis. Implement changes to system and subsystem architecture models and run existing models and simulations to assess system performance. Provide SE guidance to the team. Manage projects. Review and approve SE developed artifacts.
- Creates and manages large scale system and subsystem architectures(s),system physical views - system elements (blocks) and critical interfaces (internal and external). Creates and manages large scale system and subsystem architectures(s),system physical views - system elements (blocks) and critical interfaces (internal and external). Leads and directs the testing and/or evaluation/validation of complete system and subsystem analytical models or actual system implementation. Knows how to troubleshoot the system behavior. Directs and Manages application of using system or subsystem analytical models and simulations to validate large-scale system behavior.
- Leads, prepares and presents system engineering materials during SRR, SDR, SFR, PDR, CDR, SVR and other formal program reviews. Leads and prepares trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and CONOPS development. Provides IPT leadership and primary interface to customer for System Engineering and product development activities. Attends Systems Engineering Technical and peer reviews as independent reviewer
- Performs and manages cost estimates and project planning for a significant portion of larger project
- Acts as CAM and performs EVMS tracking for a large project
Education and Experience:
- Requires BS in Engineering, Applied Sciences, Mathematics, or Computer Science & 15 years’ experience or Master’s Degree & 10 years’ experience or PhD & 7 years’ experience.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years