Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Financial Assistant
Orbital ATK is seeking a Sr. Financial Assistant for our location in Plymouth, MN.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Summary of position:
This position will provide assistance to a team of 7 accounting and finance professionals. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Document and enter journal entries into Costpoint accounting system
- Calculate average labor pay rates and enter them into Costpoint. Understand reasons for changes and explain key differences from previous month to budgets leader
- Audit time reporting error correction requests for sufficient documentation and enter corrections into the time reporting system (Kronos)
- Review timecards weekly and work with employees/managers to make corrections prior to labor posting
- Load PTO and hourly pay data into PeopleSoft weekly
- Administer the purchasing card system and perform quarterly audits of cardholder purchase logs
- Manage weekly government accounting compliance webinars, including maintenance of the calendar of sessions, distribution of presentation materials, set-up of WebEx on data projector and phone.
- Produce and distribute the weekly direct labor yield report
- Graph weekly cost data for engineering burden projects and distribute
- Update monthly overhead rate monitorship report for government reporting
- Support special projects involving accounting and finance analysis as requested.
- Minimum of high school graduate, plus 5-8 years of experience with accounting-related support
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Quick learner
- Must be reliable, organized, self-motivated, and possess a high degree of integrity. Past work experience with maintaining confidential data is strongly preferred
- U.S. Citizenship
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED
Expertise: Accounting, Finance