Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Reliability Engineer
ATK Aerospace is the world's top producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and a leading supplier of military and commercial aircraft structures. It also specializes in small and micro-satellites; satellite components and subsystems; lightweight space deployables and solar arrays; and low-cost, quick-to-market launch solutions; flares and decoys; and energetic materials and related technologies. The group also has extensive experience supporting human and space payload missions.
ATK is currently recruiting for a Senior Reliability Engineer in our Clearfield, UT location.
As the Senior Manufacturing Engineer with special emphasis in 5-Axis Machine Tool mechanical/electrical components you will oversee the reconfiguration, maintenance, troubleshooting and alteration of 5-Axis CNC Machine Tools specific to their mechanical and electrical working attributes. Ensure that all 5-Axis CNC Machine Tools are working at their utmost performance level and provide quick response analysis on issues that arise with the mechanical and or electrical systems. Reviews existing 5-Axis Machine Tools and becomes completely familiar with the OEM’s manufacturing build protocol as it relates to machine function. Provide emphasis to ensure that the correct preventative maintenance procedures are in place as it relates to the mechanical and electrical systems and recommend all necessary spare parts to keep the plant operational on a 24/7 basis. This position is a Senior Level Reliability Engineer working to ensure that all CNC Machines perform at their ultimate performance level and maintain a high level of uptime. There is considerable latitude for independent action and decision making. You will support our current facility and allow it to grow to the next level of operations and production. You will prepare presentations and reports detailing the Operational Equipment Effectiveness on all machines assigned. You will aid in developing standard specifications for all future equipment purchases.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Manufacturing Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering with in depth knowledge of 5-Axis Machine Tool Operations (education will be verified)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in troubleshooting 5-Axis CNC Machine Tool mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience in installing and commissioning industrial 5-Axis CNC Machine Tool equipment
- Basic understanding of carbon composite machining is preferred.
- Ability to prepare sound presentations and conduct meetings with the senior staff.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint.
- Ability to negotiate and consult with vendors as required to maintain and repair mechanical equipment.
- Strong knowledge of 5-Axis Machine Tool operation and function.
- Experience in installing and commissioning industrial equipment such as CNC machining centers.
- Experience in lean manufacturing
- Experience in aerospace industry
- Past experience working in high rate manufacturing facilities operating on a 24/7 schedule.
- Basic understanding of Siemens 840D control systems.
Competencies for Success:
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and multi-task.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to make appropriate decisions that support overall project objectives.
- Ability to drive projects and processes
- Ability to partner with leadership at all levels.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues is a short time frame.
ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
ATK is a Drug Free Employer and requires pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years