Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman, located in Dayton, Ohio, is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to support military systems programs. Primary focus for this position is acting as principal investigator for a number of related activities ensuring compliance to cost and schedule performance.
Project Manager responsibilities are broad and rewarding; you are the direct interface to both the internal and external customers in this position. For your internal customer, you are responsible to support in any capacity to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals meet the program requirements. The project manager is also responsible for capturing new and follow-on business through development of business relationships and achieving program expectations.
For your external customer you are responsible for exceeding their execution expectations, meeting technical, quality, and delivery requirements for the program. Key responsibilities include:
- Execute programs successfully by managing safety, quality, schedule and cost (P&L responsibility)
- Report Program Reviews, Forecasts, EAC’s
- Lead customer directed change delegations and proposals
- Coordinate customer directed changes through the COE change control board
- Lead Program Risk Board and Special Projects
Required Qualifications: Candidates interested in this position must have past performance to demonstrate the qualifications listed:
- Bachelor of Science degree
- Must have an active security clearance and the ability to maintain same
- Progressive job related experience including a minimum of 10 years of experience in program, project, and/or functional management
- Must have a history of demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to lead a group that are not direct reports (matrix organization).
- Demonstrated financial management skills including: development and control of program budgets, schedules, EAC’s and the ability to recognize and capture program changes.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project).
- Must be able to quickly understand associated roles and responsibilities to delegate and manage execution of the program.
- Must have a demonstrated history of effective and productive customer relationships.
- Must be proficient in the concepts of continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 15 % and as required to support program and company needs
- Experience in Composite or Electronic Aerospace manufacturing highly desired.
- Background in engineering and/or engineered products is preferred
- Program and/or Project management work experience with hand lay-up, assembly, testing, tooling development and working with major subcontractors highly desired.
- Government proposal experience with aircraft structures and systems is highly desired.
- Experience working with major prime customers.
Competencies for Success:
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills for program data and reporting.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to solve problems in a timely and effective way
- Ability to work within a process and demonstrated ability implementing process improvements
- Action-oriented; driven by tasks and measurable results.
- Ability to work with minimal direction in a dynamic fast paced, changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Able to deal effectively with stress and conflict
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions in a timely manner in a dynamic environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
For more information:
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years