Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
RF Test Technician
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently looking for an RF Test Technician to work in our Dayton, OH location.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The RF Test Technician will have a solid foundation in electronics and RF circuit testing, tuning, and assembly. RF and microwave testing will require familiarity with instrumentation radars, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, power meters, etc. Assembly includes soldering under microscopes and other soldering techniques.
- US Citizenship with current active DoD Secret clearance or ability to acquire a clearance.
- Radiation pattern and/or Radar Cross Section (RCS) testing within a compact range.
- Knowledge and use of a pulsed IF instrumentation radar.
- Vector Network Analyzer (VNA) based scattering characterization of antennas.
- Particular consideration given to candidates possessing either antenna or RCS measurement experience.
- Proficient in the use of Matlab.
- Experience using data processing codes such as Knowbell, CompuQuest, Pioneer, etc.
- High mechanical and electrical aptitude to learn / build test setups.
- Strong math and science knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word and Excel) to document results.
- Strong math and science aptitude to learn fundamentals of static load engineering - including force, stress, strain, modulus and inertia.
- Ability to understand mechanical and electronic drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and follow written procedures.
- Demonstrated high degree of self-discipline to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret written instructions in English.
- Good documentation, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, and prioritize work.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good documentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highly motivated for excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement with a focus on customer service excellence.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime, and different shifts, based on demanding manufacturing schedules.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Excels in a team environment.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be on feet for up to 9 hours each day.
- Associated Degree in electronics/electrical engineering or comparable military technical training.
- 5 or more years of RF testing experience.
- Knowledge in test instrumentation will be given strong preference.
- Background in aerospace.
- US Citizenship with current active Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
For more information:
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED