Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
RF Test Technician
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
Orbital ATK is currently looking for an RF Test Technician to work in our Dayton, OH location.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The RF Test Technician will have a solid foundation in electronics and RF circuit testing, tuning, and assembly. RF and microwave testing will require familiarity with instrumentation radars, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, power meters, etc. Assembly includes soldering under microscopes and other soldering techniques.
- US Citizenship with current active DoD Secret clearance or ability to acquire a clearance.
- Radiation pattern and/or Radar Cross Section (RCS) testing within a compact range.
- Knowledge and use of a pulsed IF instrumentation radar.
- Vector Network Analyzer (VNA) based scattering characterization of antennas.
- Particular consideration given to candidates possessing either antenna or RCS measurement experience.
- Proficient in the use of Matlab.
- Experience using data processing codes such as Knowbell, CompuQuest, Pioneer, etc.
- High mechanical and electrical aptitude to learn / build test setups.
- Strong math and science knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word and Excel) to document results.
- Strong math and science aptitude to learn fundamentals of static load engineering - including force, stress, strain, modulus and inertia.
- Ability to understand mechanical and electronic drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and follow written procedures.
- Demonstrated high degree of self-discipline to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret written instructions in English.
- Good documentation, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, and prioritize work.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good documentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and highly motivated for excellence.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement with a focus on customer service excellence.
- Ability to work flexible hours, overtime, and different shifts, based on demanding manufacturing schedules.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Excels in a team environment.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to be on feet for up to 9 hours each day.
- Associated Degree in electronics/electrical engineering or comparable military technical training.
- 5 or more years of RF testing experience.
- Knowledge in test instrumentation will be given strong preference.
- Background in aerospace.
- US Citizenship with current active Secret clearance.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
To learn more about Orbital ATK
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Education: High School/GED