Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Material Handler
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an Associate Material Handler for our aerospace structures facility in Iuka, MS.
Education: Degree preferable, but not required to qualify for the position.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum Qualifications (MUSTS):
- Three years’ experience in the area of warehouse management and control, including shipping and receiving, inventory control, and material handling
- Experience using numbers and excellent math skills
- Capable of planning work and working alone to accomplish weekly objectives and goals
- Long and short range analytical skills with capability of problem solving and risk mitigation planning
- Experience working with inventory variances and adjustments, including documenting and tracking trends
- Dependable and accurate work record validating consistency of performance
- Knowledge and use of computer software (including Excel, Word, and Power Point…Deltek Costpoint a plus)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Preferred Experience / Knowledge / Skills (WANTS):
- Proven ability to work without supervision to meet objectives and reach predetermined goals
- Proficient use of the software identified in “minimum qualification” section
- Validated record of report development and presentations to management
- Solid record of data collection and file maintenance
- Capable of working with or leading a team to implement continuous improvements
The Warehouse, Material Handler, Shipping and Receiving staff member supports the Supply Chain function within the Large Structures Center of Excellence (LSCOE). They receive both direct and indirect material and validate the material received against the packing list and purchase order. They provide all system transactions for receipt to ensure MRP runs properly. They manage the inventory and maintain custodial ownership while in their control. They work closely with the Material Planner and Production Control to ensure operations has the materials required on time. They deliver material to the work center as required. They provide and support non-end item shipping requirements as necessary. Use of handling equipment is necessary and the individual must have experience prior to filling this position. They use computer and production tracking software to complete their job function. This person reports to the Supply Chain / Operations Support Manager in Iuka.
To learn more about Orbital ATK
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED