Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Computational Electromagnetics, Conformal Antenna, FSS Radome Design, and Electromagnetic Materials / Structures Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently recruiting electrical design engineers for Computational Electromagnetics, Conformal Antenna and FSS Radome Design, and Electromagnetic Materials / Structures at our Dayton, OH location.
Job Description: This position requires individual and team focused research, design, analysis, prototyping, test validation, and manufacturing support. Prior experience in Computational Electromagnetics is required. More specifically, experience with the following EM tools is desired: FEKO, HFSS / IE / SBR+, RAM2D, SENTRi, and Xpatch. Matlab experience preferred. The ability to develop specialized CEM codes and numerical optimization is also of interest. Applicants must be knowledgeable in Electromagnetic Theory, Conformal Antenna and FSS Radome Design, Low Observable (LO) / RCS reduction techniques, and substantiate prior project leadership and/or systems engineering experience. Regular communication with management, staff, and customers, along with Integrated Product Team (IPT) members is expected to be successful.
- Active Secret Clearance or ability to obtain (Requires US Citizenship)
- Electrical Engineering, specializing in RF / Electromagnetics; 10 years with B.S., 5 years with M.S. or PhD
- Solid background in electromagnetics
- Prior experience in Computational Electromagnetics
- Experience in aerospace industry, with background in conformal antenna apertures / arrays, FSS radomes, and survivable structures
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic Materials and their properties
- Working experience with test and evaluation of microwave devices; utilizing RF test equipment such as a Vector Network Analyzer (VNA)
- Ability to develop product designs independently and cooperatively in a team setting, and verify those designs through prototype fabrication and testing
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Proficient in Matlab
- Experience fostering and leading in a culture of continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Other Desired Capabilities:
- Advanced experience with low observables
- Working experience within various anechoic test chambers
- Project Leadership
- Working experience with EM analysis tools (e.g. FEKO, HFSS, RAM2D, SENTRi, and Xpatch)
- Ability to create software algorithms for design, optimization, and data analysis using MATLAB
- Familiar with common material measurements for the extraction of electrical properties
- Knowledge of composite manufacturing processes
- Ability to work across multiple projects and follow through to completion
Initial survey and phone interview(s) followed by on-site professional interview, including a presentation demonstrating stated capabilities. A background verification, including references supporting relevant work experience will be required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
For more information:
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years