Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Material Handler
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Material Handling Support employee to provide support to our Supply Chain Team in our Beavercreek, OH location.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Material Handling Support employee will perform a combination of manual and clerical shipping, receiving, picking, stocking and inventory control warehousing duties, which may require the use of hand trucks, forklifts and other material handling devices, as well as computers and various software applications to maintain data.
- Primary duties will be in stores support, with secondary supporting role of the shipping/receiving department
- Place material in kits, identifies kits, and transports kits to storage or point of use
- Perform inventory and maintain accurate inventory levels
- Transfer, impound, and label materials
- Issue material to work orders
- Capable of working in a harsh environment. Tasks include working inside a -10 Degree F Max freezer
- Perform safe handling and processing of hazardous material(s)
- Package and ship end item parts
- Receive materials on plant
- Operate a forklift, hand truck, pallet jacks (manual and powered), small trucks
- Must comply with company policies and procedures and be willing to work in a defined team environment
- Other duties as required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience working in warehousing, inventory management, receiving and/or shipping capacity
- High School Diploma or GED required (education will be verified)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Valid Driver License required
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Continuous standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Perform physical work on a regular basis
- Experience with Word, Excel, and an ERP system
- Overtime and on-call duty may be required
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Forklift certification preferred
- Costpoint ERP experience preferred
- APICS training preferred
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through continuous learning
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with ability to work with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work independently
- Able to solve problems
- Willingness to meet customer needs
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision after training is complete
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED