Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Config/Data Mgmt Asst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Sr. Configuration/Data Management Assistant to join our team in our Iuka MS offices.
Supports the manufacturing of large composite structures for aircraft and launch vehicles through the management of incoming and outgoing production documentation. Manages document revisions of drawings, specifications, procedures, and other documentation. Compiles and presents completed hardware configuration and manufacturing data to customers for hardware acceptance.
Active DoD security clearance preferred
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Coordinate the review and approval of design, software, and production documentation with Engineering, Operations, Quality and Safety departments
- Maintain the PDM database through access control and ensuring latest revisions are uploaded to the system in a timely manner
- Establish and maintain PDM document lists and document trees
- Participate, as required, in configuration control board (CCB) activities
- Review completed manufacturing work instructions for accuracy and customer compliance
- Create design and document control business items and release in PDM system.
- Access Customer portal/FTP sites to upload/download files as required
- Familiarity with specifications, codes and related documents from government, military, and commercial sources
- Familiarity with material planning and use of MRP systems
- Review Program Statement of Work to ensure that all requirements for design release and control are met, build documentation requirements are met, Hardware Acceptance Review requirements are met, and records retention requirements are met.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong word processing skills
- Strong organization skills and ability to work with minimal direction
- Skilled with Microsoft Office applications
- Experience using documentation data bases
- Prior experience with a Product Data Management (PDM) system desired
- Prior experience with a Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system desired
- Prior experience with manufacturing work instructions desired
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Type at greater than 40 words per minute
- Technical writing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Clink on the link for more information:
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years