Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Supv, Config/Data Mgmt
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Configuration Management Supervisor to join our team in our Iuka MS offices.
Role Description and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a Program Configuration Management team to ensure requirements documents are created and maintained consistently to meet quality requirements for product traceability and conformance. Participates in the coordination and administration of assigned configuration management activities relative to identification, control, and accounting for systems and/or equipment in accordance with contractual requirements. This role includes supervision responsibilities of up to 4 dedicated program CM team members and leadership responsibilities reporting to the Quality Manager. Successful candidate will also be the PLM Administrator and ensure the system and processes meet the program and business needs for the ASD division.
- BS degree and 8 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CMII certification preferred
- Follows specific set of documentation rules and guidelines to ensure technical content meets internal and customer requirements
- Coordinate changes to configuration documents with engineering, quality, support manufacturing, and data control activities. Ensures that customer requirements are implemented and documents compliance with configuration management policies.
- Performs engineering data control activities which may include: model, drawing/document review and release, specification preparation and review, administration of government/industry documents, and creation and release of parts and associated parts lists
- Be able to understand, dissect and data mine configuration engineering and as built data.
- Assures compliance to written procedures, security requirements, and AS9100 system standards
- Working knowledge and understanding of engineering documentation (i.e. models, drawings, specifications, parts, change notices, manufacturing plans, manufacturing procedures).
- Knowledge or demonstrated experience using PLM, ERP, and MRP software.
- Practice implementing and following configuration management and control principles
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement principles
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers to establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and gain their trust and respect
- Is a Champion to the Company’s Business and Ethics Code of Conduct
Skills & Qualifications:
- Solid skill level in Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
- Ability to work on a team or independently as needed.
- Must have DoD Security Clearance
Competencies for Success:
- Positive attitude, accepts challenges with enthusiasm
- Excellent interpersonal skills to support both coworkers and customers
- Accepts responsibility and accountability and manages daily priorities effectively
- Willing to accept, learn, and perform new job functions to gain flexibility
- Successful in high paced and deadline driven environment
Strong problem solving skills
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Clink on the link for more information:
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years