Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Quality Inspector
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently recruiting a Sr. Quality Inspector work in our Hopkinton, MA location.
- Inspection of materials from internal or external sources and services; involving physical inspection, documenting dimensional compliance and review of vendor certifications for compliance. This includes Inspection of internally manufactured parts and final assemblies throughout all stages of production and review of final test data.
- Responsible for inspection of product in accordance with drawings, work instructions, quality acceptance procedures, and maintenance of acceptance documentation/ records.
- Assist in generating First Article Inspection reports
- Assist with Customer Source Inspections
- Additional responsibilities will include calibration of tooling, gaging, and other equipment on-site or by coordination with outside suppliers.
- Inspection will encompass a variety of techniques; e.g., visual inspection, conventional metrology (height gages, gage pins, thread gages, and dial indicators), calipers, micrometers, functional gages, etc.
- Support project teams on corrective actions, root cause investigations, and other continuous improvement activities.
- May require flexibility to work overtime, or within other departments as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
- Minimum of 4 years inspection experience in an Aerospace or similar technical environment.
- Experienced with use of technical drawings, and following manufacturing work instructions and inspection procedures.
- Basic computer knowledge; e.g., Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance, which requires US Citizenship
- Good working knowledge and experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ability to stand for extended hours during inspection and lift 50lbs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Associates Degree in a Physical Science or Manufacturing related area
- Experienced with CNC machined products manufacturing/ inspection
- Experienced with practices associated with ISO and AS9100 Quality Management Systems
- Previous history with passive microwave components and antennas.
Competencies for Success:
- Positive individual who is willing to expand current skill set, through schooling and training
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, diverse environment
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
Requisition may be filled at a lower level with a High School Diploma or GED and 2-3 years’ inspection experience in an Aerospace or similar technical environment.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
To learn more about Orbital ATK
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED