Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Controls Systems Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Controls Systems Software Engineer to join our team in our Clearfield, UT offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Maintaining, supporting, and continuing development of automated manufacturing machines and systems
- Learning from highly experienced engineers to gradually take over certain responsibilities of existing control software
- Training technicians to correctly operate Orbital ATK designed automated machines
- Supporting production in using the machines and assist maintenance personnel as needed when troubleshooting and repairing the equipment
- Participating in R&D programs to improve system capabilities and bring new ideas & technology into projects and pursuits
- BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and a minimum of 10 years of related work experience
- Must be experienced in PLC programming (preferably Beckhoff/TwinCAT, Allen Bradley)
- Must be experienced in HMI programming (Microsoft .NET C#)
- Must be willing to be trained and work with legacy software
- Must interface productively with production technicians, management, and other engineers
- Must have a strong work ethic
- Experience in SQL Server
- Experience in WPF/MVVM
- Experience in LabView
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience with closed-loop servo systems
- Software experience in Entity Framework, Java and web services
- Electro Mechanical background
- Indramat and Yaskawa servo equipment
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage time and multi-task
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to make appropriate decisions that support overall project objectives
- Ability to drive projects and processes
- Ability to partner with leadership at all levels
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues is a short time frame
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture
- Ability to organize and multi-task
- Strong problem-solving skills
BS Mechanical Engineering, BS Electrical Engineering, BS Computer ScienceRequires BS in Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years or PhD & 2 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years