Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Mission Assurance Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Implement mission/flight assurance plans for individual spacecraft flight hardware programs addressing design, manufacturing, integration, and test activities in accordance with company and contractual requirements. Works as a member of an integrated product team with Orbital ATK Safety & Mission Assurance staff in various groups to address technical issues, meet program requirements and ensure mission success. Interface with customers, vendors, and with Orbital ATK Manufacturing, Integration & Test and Engineering organizations to identify and resolve mission/flight assurance issues. Provide support to program Flight Assurance Manager in review of various activities.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
- Candidate must have a proactive attitude toward learning/training and be capable of working in a dynamic team environment.
- Coordinates with Design Engineering on design and approves all new Type I Tool drawings.
- Candidate will work closely with Tool Engineering on all various activities associated with Type I tools.
- Candidate will be required to know advanced Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T), Calibrated tools, program CMM and laser tracker systems.
- Knowledge in reviewing and understanding customer certifications and purchasing requirements; which include knowledge in blue prints, specifications, and contracts.
- Candidate must have a proactive attitude towards safety.
- A candidate must be focused on meeting customer requirements, and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Physical demands include standing or moving about the plant more than half the time.
- Some travel to suppliers required and supplier on-site assessment experience a plus.
- Candidate should be familiar with the receiving inspection process.
- Candidate must be familiar with laser tracker inspection systems.
- Candidate should exhibit the ability to perform Dimensional Inspections.
- Experience of various inspections using laser tracker systems, coordinate measuring machines, standard measuring instruments, and a background in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
- Experience with machine controls, fabrication, automation and robotics.
- Experience in working in an aerospace production environment.
- Experience with machining processes and equipment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifications.
- Skilled in shop mathematical applications.
- Excellent computer skills required (Microsoft applications)
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills a must.
B.S. Degree or equivalent in technical field, 5-10 years of experience.
Able to read engineering documentation and inspect drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions. Knowledge base in Cause Analysis tools, such as Ishikawa and fault tree. Previous experience working in AS/ISO/CMMI certified organization.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
To learn more about Orbital ATK
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Expertise: Health and Safety