Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Program Scheduler
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently recruiting for a Sr Program Scheduler to work in our Beavercreek, OH location.
- Serves as both Program Master Scheduler and Work Center Scheduler
- Generates and Maintains Top Level Program Schedules
- Supports Program Office in EACs/PMRs/Metrics
- Inputs MRP Demand Signals
- Plans, Prepares, Issues, and Controls Production Schedules
- Generates/Manages Lock Down Schedules
- Releases MRP Work Orders & Manages MRP Make Signals
- Generates/Prints Production Paperwork
- Coordinates Pick Lists w/ Stores
- Ensures Ops has all Inputs (Paper/Tools/Materials/etc.)
- Assists with Conveyance between Work Centers
- Manages Prioritization for Conflicts
- Manage Work Center Scheduling
- Identify Backlogs & Scheduling Priorities
- Coordinates all Customer Shipments with Logistics
- Coordinates WIP Shipments (i.e. IWOs/outside services/etc.) with Logistics
- Performs Risk Analysis, Critical Path Analysis, and MRP Logic Conflicts
- Performs Work Order Variance Analysis; Review MRP Execution; Ensures Accuracy of Information; Reconcile Supply and Demand; Validates Master Scheduling Requirements
- Understands Needs and Constraints of Manufacturing Shop Floor
- Coordinates Interdepartmental Activity
- Provides Detailed Information in Daily Ops & Management Meetings Relative to Schedules, Customer on Time Delivery Status, and Corrective Action Status.
- Produces Data Reports as Required.
- Works with Site Master Scheduler to Provide Inputs for Site Capacity & Facility Planning
Required Education & Experience:
- BA/BS in Production Management, Business, Logistic Management, Supply Chain Management, or Mechanical/Industrial Engineering with 4 years related experience or Masters in Production Management, Masters in Supply Chain management, or Mechanical /Industrial Engineering with 2 years related experience.
- Proficiency with Computer Automated Scheduling Systems (i.e. OpenPlan [Preferred], MS Project, Shop Floor Control Database/Software, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, MS Project,Access and other office information systems; possess an understanding of software engineering terminology
- Proficiency with ERP/MRP Systems
- Experience with Shop Floor Control Systems (i.e Dynafact [Preferred])
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Principles and Applications
- APICS Certification [Preferred]
Competencies for Success:
- Good Organization Skills and Ability to Work with Minimal Direction in a Changing Environment
- High Energy, Results Oriented, Self-Motivated / Self-Reliant, Team Player
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills with Ability to Interface with an Organization at all Levels
- Ability to Work in a Dynamic, Fast Paced Environment
- Ability to Multitask and Prioritize
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Initiative, Self-starter, Adaptable, and High Motivation for Excellence
- Excellent Organizational, Communication, and Interpersonal Skills
- Self-directed, Proactive
- Role Requires Ability to Obtain a Secret Security Clearance Level
Role can be filled at one level lower.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
To learn more about Orbital ATK
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years