Orbital ATK Careers
Sr. Software Eng
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation.
Orbital ATK - Dayton, OH is looking for a CNC Programmer
- Develop, generate, manipulate and modify CAD models using NX (preferred) or CATIA.
- Write new CNC programs, setup instructions, estimate and make changes to existing CNC programs.
- Develop, write and maintain NC programs using engineering models, drawings and specifications to support a zero defects machining operations environment.
- Select program routines for the most efficient machining methods for each part.
- Will be involved in the prove out of new technology, first article inspection, fixture design, and day to day programming using Siemens NX CAM.
- Analyze engineering models/drawings to define the sequence of machining operations to ensure that the design intent and component quality is achieved.
- Make proper cutting tool selections, taking into consideration such factors as materials, speeds, type of cutters, feeds and control system imitations.
- Use machine simulation and optimization software to troubleshoot/validate CNC programs and ensure highly efficient and 100% defect-free FTT machining processes.
- Modify existing parts programs for engineering changes or program improvements.
- Work closely with Machinists, Quality, Engineering, Management and other team members.
- HS diploma or equivalent required; prefer AA degree or technical training in addition to HS diploma.
- 4 years minimum of NX CAD/CAM experience
- Siemens NX CAM (Unigraphics) software, Ver. 8.0 or greater.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
- Interrogate engineering solid models, drawings and is familiar with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Use NX CAD/CAM software Ver. 8 or greater to manipulate / modify solid models and to generate cutting tool paths (CNC programs) that are executed by CNC machining centers.
- Machine simulation software (Vericut) to troubleshoot/validate CNC programs and ensure 100% defect-free First Time Through (FTT) machining processes.
- G-code proficient
- Write work instructions that accompany the CNC programs.
- Provide technical support to machinists and process engineers during CNC machining operations.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational discipline, adhering to rigorous revision control requirements.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally, and in writing.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, and specifications.
- Effectively review and analyze technical problems.
- Operate effectively in a team environment.
- Interpret company policies, technical publications, and government regulations.
- Revision control requirements.
- Ability to make decisions and work with limited supervision
- Strong computer skills including MS Office, CATIA, and CAD software
- CNC machining experience a plus
- Composite materials machining experience
- Ability to manage time and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to acquire a Security Clearance is required, which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background
To learn more about Orbital ATK
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED