Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Shipping / Receiving Specialist
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Shipping/Receiving Specialist to join its Military Systems Division located at the Dayton, OH office.
- Independently perform all of the shipping & receiving tasks, including:
- Coordinating/negotiating/scheduling carriers
- Managing pickups & deliveries of small parcel thru large truckload size shipments.
- Preparation and maintenance of all Shipping and Receiving documentation and paperwork
- HAZMAT shipments with assistance of site HSE manager
- Management of small fleet of company owned forklifts and vehicles
- Operate forklift and move large items (regular lifting of up to 50lbs is required)
- Government contract shipments (Mil-Pac Software/RFID/UID)
- Coordinate material SDS’s with EH&S manager to ensure allowance into facility.
- Other activities as assigned which could include:
- Assisting the Inventory Controller in basic inventory related functions (issues/daily counts/reconciliations/etc.)
- Property Management and Disposal – support property management group
- Backup for oversight of onsite Vendor Managed Min/Max supplies program
- Interaction with program management, engineering, and manufacturing personnel on a daily basis.
- HS Diploma or GED (education will be verified)
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a shipping & receiving and/or inventory related job function (Experience in manufacturing environment, is strongly desired)
- Ability to establish and follow processes.
- Ability to operate and understand Material / Production Tracking Software.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to handle conflict in a dynamic environment and maintain control over constantly rotating inventory.
- Successful candidates must be self-motivated and able to work effectively with limited oversight
- Hazardous Shipping & Hazardous Waste Shipping Certifications Desired (DOT / IATA / RCRA)
- Previously qualified to operate a forklift
- Ability to acquire a DoD Security Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.
This position can be filled at one level lower.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background
To learn more about Orbital ATK
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED