Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Financial Analyst for our Aerospace Structures team in our Dayton, OH facilities.
As a Financial Analyst you will be responsible for supporting our Military business programs. This position will work very closely with program management, operational leaders, internal and external customers, and other sites within Aerospace Structures Division.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to the following tasks.
- Prepare and analyze financial reports and communicate recommendations to management in a clear, organized summary.
- Analyze production costs weekly and provide direction to management to balance risk and cost targets.
- Provide monthly / quarterly reporting and analysis to support business processes.
- Use financial reporting and provide analysis of key metrics to direct management toward areas of improvement or to surface operational issues.
- Support proposal and pricing efforts for both new business and changes to existing customer contracts.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and process efficiencies. Perform special projects related to financial and budget analysis
- Working knowledge and application of accounting principles, scheduling, proposal process, government financial reporting with general knowledge of government contracts, procurement regulations and Earned Value Management a plus.
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting or related with six year of experience; or a MS in Finance, Accounting, an MBA or related with four years of experience
- PC proficiency including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Independent self-starter and proactive contributor. Seeks to continually improve business processes and add value.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated success building partnerships across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments in order to meet deadlines. Organize deliverables in a clean and presentable format.
- Excellent analytical and reporting skills.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint and/or Cobra
- Experience with budget development, variance analysis, estimates to complete, cost performance reports, and cost schedule status reports in an integrated product team environment is preferred.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
- Ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and detail- oriented
- Dedicated to teamwork
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related
Role can be filled at a lower level with a Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of related finance work.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
To learn more about Orbital ATK
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years