Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Material Planner
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently recruiting for a Sr. Material Planner to work in our Beavercreek, OH location.
- Leads the Establishment of a Formal Material Planning function
- Owns all Materials / Outside Service Responsibility for the Entire Beavercreek, OH Business
- Manages MRP Signals for All Buy Parts and Services
- Generates PRs for Buy Parts/Services for all Direct Programs
- Coordinates Timing of Requisition Placement, Purchasing, Acceptance, and Routing of Materials based on Program Needs.
- Manages Part Lead Times
- Coordinates Program MBOMs w/ Engineering
- Expedites Critical Materials w/ Procurement
- Manages Material Issues w/ Procurement
- Participates in Program IPT Meetings and Production Support Meetings
- Statuses Production Control & Program IPTs of Material Issues
- Ensures Materials meet Production Schedules
- Controls Excess, Insufficient, or Deficient Materials. This may require Working with the Customer, Engineering, Program Manager, Buyers, Finance, Suppliers, or Other External Vendors.
- Resolves Complex Materials Issues for Programs.
Required Education & Experience:
- BA/BS in with 10 years related Experience or Masters with 8 years related Experience.
- APICS Certification Preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, MS Project, Access and other office information systems; possess an understanding of software engineering terminology
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing Principles and Applications
- Knowledgeable in areas of Procurement, Manufacturing, Engineering/Design.
- Minimum of 5 years Material Control/Planning Experience Required.
- Demonstrated Proficiency with ERP/MRP Systems (Deltek Costpoint experience preferred)
- Supplier Scheduling (line of balance, level loading, Kanban, Lean, etc)
- Experience in a Composite Manufacturing Environment is Strong Desired
- Experience with both Low Rate (Job Shop Style) R&D and Production, as well as High Rate Established & Start-up Programs is Strongly Desired
Competencies for Success:
- Good Organization Skills and Ability to Work with Minimal Direction in a Changing Environment
- High Energy, Results Oriented, Self-Motivated / Self-Reliant, Team Player
- Strong Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills with Ability to Interface with an Organization at all Levels
- Ability to Work in a Dynamic, Fast Paced Environment
- Ability to Multitask and Prioritize
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Initiative, Self-starter, Adaptable, and High Motivation for Excellence
- Excellent Organizational, Communication, and Interpersonal Skills
- Self-directed, Proactive
- Role Requires Ability to Obtain a Secret Security Clearance Level
- US Citizen
Role can be filled at one level lower.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years