Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Composite Inspector
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently looking for a Sr. Composite Inspector/Quality Inspector to work in our Iuka, MS location.
Support manufacturing of large composite structures for aircraft and launch vehicles. Work closely with manufacturing personnel to ensure production hardware meets or exceeds customer requirements. Primary responsibilities of this position are the following:
- Perform visual, in-process and final dimensional inspections using standard measurement instruments on tightly tolerance materials, components, subassemblies and final assemblies in the production areas.
- Performs required inspections in accordance with drawing, specifications, standard work and planning requirements.
- Supports customer source inspections.
- Documentation of non-conformances on materials, parts or processes.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- An ideal candidate would have technical strengths in manufacturing and inspection processes; knowledge and use of inspection and testing instruments; verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical personnel, computer knowledge of Microsoft office and comfort navigating other applications critical to the position; a self-starter with a bias for action and willingness to accept routine or challenging assignments.
- Demonstrated hands on experience working in a highly technical aerospace/manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience with common aerospace quality systems such as non-conformances, cause/corrective actions, configuration management, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work in order to accomplish multiple assigned tasks while maintaining attention to detail. Provide input to the technical needs and solutions required for the manufacture, inspection of materials and components.
- Demonstrated ability to record detailed information accurately and in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Active Security Clearance desired.
- Work experience in manufacturing of composite parts.
- 4 - 5 years related industry experience in either manufacturing or inspection.
Competencies for Success:
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
To learn more about Orbital ATK
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED