Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Composite Inspector
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently looking for a Sr. Composite Inspector/Quality Inspector to work in our Iuka, MS location.
Support manufacturing of large composite structures for aircraft and launch vehicles. Work closely with manufacturing personnel to ensure production hardware meets or exceeds customer requirements. Primary responsibilities of this position are the following:
- Perform visual, in-process and final dimensional inspections using standard measurement instruments on tightly tolerance materials, components, subassemblies and final assemblies in the production areas.
- Performs required inspections in accordance with drawing, specifications, standard work and planning requirements.
- Supports customer source inspections.
- Documentation of non-conformances on materials, parts or processes.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- An ideal candidate would have technical strengths in manufacturing and inspection processes; knowledge and use of inspection and testing instruments; verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical personnel, computer knowledge of Microsoft office and comfort navigating other applications critical to the position; a self-starter with a bias for action and willingness to accept routine or challenging assignments.
- Demonstrated hands on experience working in a highly technical aerospace/manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience with common aerospace quality systems such as non-conformances, cause/corrective actions, configuration management, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize work in order to accomplish multiple assigned tasks while maintaining attention to detail. Provide input to the technical needs and solutions required for the manufacture, inspection of materials and components.
- Demonstrated ability to record detailed information accurately and in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Active Security Clearance desired.
- Work experience in manufacturing of composite parts.
- 4 - 5 years related industry experience in either manufacturing or inspection.
Competencies for Success:
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal direction
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
For more information:
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED